Several students are now using their own or their parents’ cars to come to school. For Health and Safety reasons we advise against this. In the event of a student bringing his/her car, the following school rules apply:
All students must obey the rules of the road and exercise due care when driving.
2. Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine cannot offer parking facilities and cars have to be parked in the public car park. Students must not access the school car park at any time unless they have permission from school authorities.
3. In the course of the school day students are not allowed to leave the school in their cars:
- On their own
- With other students
- On any school outing, sports or otherwiseThe only exception to this is where they are officially signing out of school and so have both parental and school permission. Students must speak to the Year Head, Deputy Principal or Principal before leaving the school grounds.
4. Students should not spend time in their cars either at break-time / lunch time or at any time during school hours.
5. If it is necessary for a student to drive to school, they must sign the Code of Conduct for students who Drive to School.
The above rules now form part of the school Code of Behaviour and are subject to the normal sanction for breaches of discipline.