Welcome to the Parents Association section of the Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine website. All parents and guardians of students attending the school are automatically members of the Parents Association and welcome to attend all our meetings and events throughout the school year.
Parent Association meetings are generally held on the first Thursday of the month and different workshops are held each term where possible. Notice of all PA meetings and workshops are done by school text/e-mail and on our PA Facebook page.
Our aim is to provide information to Parents /Guardians and invite you to become involved and help us as parents, to play our part within our school community. There are many opportunities to get involved and contribute. For further information see our constitution booklet and recent newsletters or come along to one of our PA meetings or workshops.
The objectives of the Association are:
- The advancement of the moral, mental, social and cultural well-being of the students of the community school and of the community generally.
- The fostering of good relations between the parents, teachers, students and the school authorities.
- The election of parent nominees to the Board of Management to represent the voice of parents/guardians within the school community.
The Parents Association are actively involved in the life of the school and take part in a wide range of activities. Parents are welcome to get involved in any number of activities or if you have a specific skill that you think could be helpful please do let us know. We are always open to new ideas. Here are a sample list of some of the activities of Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine Parents Association:
- Assistance with organisation and distribution of school uniform.
- Covering of books for Book Rental Scheme.
- Provide parent supervision for the library after school.
- Provide parent volunteers for school programmes where required (e.g. 121 Digital Programme for TY)
- Encourage parents/community members to offer any expertise to the school or students.
- Providing refreshments and information packs for 1st year Open Night.
- Provide refreshments for Open evenings/Careers Night.
- Organise & run the shop/front door for the annual School Musical.
- Fundraising for PA workshops and school one-off projects.
- Host regional PACCS meetings each year.
- Support and provide parent supervisors for the annual DEBS.
- Organise parent information workshops on a variety of topics.
- Publish a newsletter each term.
- Attend both PACCS and NPCpp Regional and National conferences.
- Represent the voice of parents on any policy groups required by the school.
- Manage a Facebook page which is updated with PA and school activities, and provides links to a wide variety of information for parents.
- Take part in PA training programmes offered by PACCS and NPCpp.
- Represent the voice of parents within the school community.
We look forward to seeing you participate in the education of all our students in Pobalscoil Inbhear Sceine.
Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine Parents Association is affiliated to Parents Association of Community and Comprehensive Schools (PACCS) and National Parents Council Post Primary (NPCpp).