Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine operates a School Book Rental Scheme. This means that the students/parents rent the books from the school for an annual fee. This greatly reduces the overall cost to parents as well as spreading the costs over 5 years. It also allows flexibility in terms of subject level or subject choice during the year, without incurring further costs.
- All students will receive their books in school in September and the books are returned to the school at the end of Junior Cycle and Senior Cycle for recycling to other students.
- The books remain the property of Pobalscoil Inbhear Scéine but students are responsible for them and expected to handle them with care. While the school covers most books, any uncovered books must be covered at home. Books which are lost or not kept in good condition must be replaced or paid for.
- Workbooks and personal items such as Mathematical Tables, Examination Papers etc. are not included in the Book Rental Scheme.
- Two copies of some core books are bought to allow students keep their own book at home and thus reduce the weight of their school bags.
- The school sets the rental charge in proportion to the number and cost of books required i.e. highest in First and Fifth Year and less in the other years. The amount varies from year to year depending on the expected outlay during that year.
- Parents will be notified of the Rental charge in July each year and can pay to the School Office in August and September.